From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 16:14:41
1 Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 13:37:19 +0000 Peter Stuge wrote:
3 > > Hi Pacho, many thanks for your work, but..
4 ..
5 > > ..do you think you can arrange to post everything in one mail,
6 > > instead of 14 different ones in a single day?
7 >
8 > I suppose these posts are automated (at least partially), since
9 > each of them is linked to a different retirement bug.
10
11 That would explain the many emails - then it will probably be halfway
12 straightforward to also bundle the bugs and send one email at say 2:00 am
13 or whenever is a likely time that Pacho is not doing retiring. :)
16 > So you shouldn't blame Pacho for his work.
17
18 I don't think I was - I wanted to nudge to improve the output of his work.
19
20 I like to follow what gets retired, in case I want to pick something up,
21 but I don't like to read 14 emails in one day with a few packages in each.
24 Another, maybe simpler, approach would be to have a stateless cronjob
25 instead of a queue, the job would just look at what retirement bugs
26 were changed (opened?) in the last while (day?), and send one email
27 listing all packages. Maybe it could also set some status in the bug,
28 to avoid duplicates because of DST or whatever.
31 Thanks a lot
32
33 //Peter