From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should we introduce PROPERTIES into the ebuild metadata cache on the rsync mirrors?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:46:35
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Please consider the introduction of a new "PROPERTIES" variable to
3 > the ebuild metadata cache that's distributed via the rsync mirrors
4 > and resides locally in the ${PORTDIR}/metadata/cache/ directory.
5 > This variable is intended to have identical syntax to the existing
6 > RESTRICT variable, including support for the USE conditional syntax
7 > that is also supported by the LICENSE, PROVIDE, SRC_URI, and *DEPEND
8 > variables.
9 >...
10
11 ++ (and I don't see a problem with adding it at this time).
12
13 -Joe