From: "Anna V." <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] gitlab accessibility
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 08:09:42
1 On 2022-07-15 09:09, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2022-07-14 at 16:21 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > Hey all,
4 > >
5 > > I was on vacation when the issues were brought up, but I want to start a
6 > > new thread about this.
7 > >
8 > > I will quote the sections from the messages on the previous thread I am
9 > > referring to.
10 > >
11 > > mgorny:
12 > > > I would really prefer if someone worked on the GitLab accessibility
13 > > > issues before someone tried to do that. Like, made GitLab something
14 > > > more than a blank site on less-than-state-of-art web browsers.
15 > >
16 > > I don't know which browsers you are talking about. I personally use
17 > > chrome and it isn't a blank page. I'm sure it probably works on firefox
18 > > as well. I have briefly checked Edge and it is fine there.
19 > > I think you need to be more specific about the browsers you are talking
20 > > about. Also, if you are a web developer, you might want to open MR's for
21 > > gitlab to get this fixed if you can.
22 >
23 > I'm talking of browsers without ECMAScript, particularly text browsers.
24 > On GitHub, things obviously aren't perfect but I can at least find
25 > a file in the repository and view its contents. On GitLab, the file
26 > list is simply not there.
27
28 You can always `git clone` the repo to view its files. But non-standard
29 features (like "merge requests" and CI) indeed require using either:
30
31 * a browser with bleeding edge JS support (because everyone uses latest
32 Chrome and Firefox and polyfills/babel are for losers who don't use
33 experimental features in production)
34 * OR custom CLI utilies (btw, can you point me on some I can use? like
35 dev-vcs/hub for GitHub -- I have no desire to interact with their heavy
36 and slow[0] web application).
37
38 [0]: https://forgeperf.org/