From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:58:58
1 On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 20:45 +0100, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > >> a) Drop all keywords but those of mips. Leaves mips and, more
4 > >> importantly, its users with a vulnerable and unmaintained set of
5 > >> packages.
6 > >
7 > > ...and break the tree spectacularly, causing huge amounts of pain for
8 > > your fellow developers when they encounter horrible repoman output when
9 > > they try to do anything.
10 >
11 > Can somebody clarify to me why would it cause this? Maybe I just miss
12 > something.
13
14 He's making the assumption that this sort of thing would be done
15 improperly and would cause other developers issues.
16
17 I went and created a tiny script[1] to change mips KEYWORDS to ~mips in
18 the tree, and created a patch[2] against the current CVS tree. Were the
19 Council to choose this course of action, the work is mostly done.
20
21 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~wolf31o2/killmips.sh
22 [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~wolf31o2/mips_to_testing.patch
25 Chris Gianelloni