From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: c++14 global USE flag
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:42:34
1 On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:12:32 +0300
2 Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hello. My previous email was sent from the wrong address and it seems
4 > it did not make it into the list. Sending again from the right
5 > address...
6 >
7 > I'm introducing "c++14" use flag to every package in app-leechcraft
8 > catherogy via leechcraft.eclass. I need to put USE description
9 > somewhere. I propose / ask for permission to do it in global use.desc.
10 > Putting this flag to every single metadata.xml feels just wrong ---
11 > there are 72 of them now.
12 >
13 > Proposed description:
14 > "Build using C++ 14 standard"
15 >
16 > Looking forward for comments.
17
18 This isn't going to be sustainable... What's the long-term plan for
19 dealing with this?
22 Ciaran McCreesh