From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DEVFS
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:43:01
1 "Jerry A!" wrote:
2
3 > Has anyone gotten devfs working under any version of Gentoo? If so,
4 > would someone care to share some pointers.
5 >
6 > Right now, it boots, gets as far as "starting local" and then hangs.
7 >
8 > Any pointers would be appreciated...
9
10 You moust install the devfsd package and add "devfs=mount " (if you use
11 the default kernel or you don't have set the AUTOMOUNT on boot option in
12 your kernel) to your boot options.
13 If you need devices that are not handled by devfs you can create them in
14 /etc/devfs and the
15 devfs start-script copies them after devfsd has started to /dev.
16 Re/Storing of device permissions is on my ToDO list.
17 I use devfs since a month or so without problems.
18
19 achim~
23 > --Jerry
24 >
25 > name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
26 > phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
27 > email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
28 > || than that!
31 > gentoo-dev mailing list
32 > gentoo-dev@g.o