From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
Cc: vapier@g.o, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ncurses + gen_usr_ldscript
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:17:33
1 On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 21:14, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Hi Martin,
3 >
4 > Just found that ncurses doesn't install correctly, on alpha at least.
5 > The problem is that gen_usr_ldscript is supplied by eutils, which the
6 > ncurses ebuild didn't inherit, so I fixed that and bumped the rev (since
7 > it's a run-time change).
8 >
9 > One more note: It would have been a compile-time change if you'd used
10 > "|| die" to do error checking, which would have also made the breakage
11 > easier to find and fix.
14 Thanks, I guess there will be more, as it seems its part of a global
15 "remove 'inherit eutils' project".
18 Cheers,
22 Martin Schlemmer
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
24 Cape Town, South Africa