From: Mikey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage staging question
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:59:23
1 I am contemplating the migration of all of my source code management from a
2 hacked up in-house system to subversion. I currently use overlays to house
3 ebuilds and install the actual packages on my target systems.
4
5 Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I would like to implement as much as
6 possible the same tools that gentoo is using to maintain my overlays. What
7 I have not been able to find in the various gentoo developer
8 documents/blogs is certain higher level particulars. For example, what
9 tool is used by gentoo to generate the staged cvs sources to the actual
10 mirrors? What, if any, pre/post-commit scripts are used by the gentoo cvs
11 system?
12
13 If anyone can point me to the pertinent documentation or sources, it would
14 be highly appreciated.