From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] better handling of multibyte characters (nls/cjk/unicode)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 11:34:03
1 > > wxGTK is currently using a local unicode useflag to enable unicode
2 > > support. However, this is experimental so I rather not have unicode
3 > > default in all profiles just yet. By compiling with the unicode useflag,
4 > > you'll end up with certain wxGTK apps failing to merge.
5 >
6 > Sorry for a really delayed answer.
7 > To my knowledge unicode support in wxGTK isn't experimental but rather
8 > suggested but not enforced.
9
10 Yes, I mean experimental is in for Gentoo, not for wxGTK. I've only
11 enabled that option a couple of weeks ago because some people wanted to
12 test wxGTK with unicode support.
13
14 > The reason why certain wxGTK apps fail to merge is that they don't
15 > comform with the unicode wxWindows prerequisites.
16
17 Yes, if you would like to submit patches against those programs that
18 don't conform to those requirements, that would be most appreciated by
19 the developers. Right now, because at least half of the applications
20 that use wxGTK don't support unicode, there is no way I'm going to
21 enable that as default for wxGTK until that is fixed.
22
23 Cheers,
24 --
25 Alastair 'liquidx' Tse