From: Max Kalika <max+lists.gentoo-dev@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] local portage tree
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:41:25
Hello Devs,

I've been sitting on my own portage tree for quite a while now and I wanted
to bring it to your attention.  I have quite a few new ebuilds and some of
the ebuilds which are already in portage, but greatly cleaned up.  Also I
finally collected all the patches that I posted on bugs.gentoo.org which
have yet to see the light of day.

The tree is accessible via web:

  http://68.6.36.243:81/chora/cvs.php/portage

And via anonymous cvs

  CVSROOT  :pserver:cvs@68.6.36.243:/home/cvs  (no/empty password)
  MODULE   portage

Some new ebuilds:

  sys-apps/dellomsa
    Dell PowerEdge hardware monitoring snmp agent.

  sys-libs/device-mapper
    LVM2 low-level library (not quite the same as bug 19744 because mine
    works with kernel 2.4.x as well)

  sys-apps/lvm2
    LVM2 utilities (not quite the same as bug 19745 because mine
    works with kernel 2.4.x as well)

  sys-apps/trustees
    Advanced and super-flexible ACL management utility. (needs a kernel
    patch)

  sys-apps/mbuffer
    buffer replacement -- can be used with flexbackup (see below)

  net-mail/cyrus-imspd
    imsp server, with sasl2 support

  dev-perl/Net-Server
    see bug #21432

  net-mail/amavisd-new
    high-performance, daemonized amavis

  net-mail/sophos
    the sophos anti-virus engine

  net-mail/sophie
    daemon for the sophos AV engine

  media-tv/xmltv, media-tv/mythtv and all mythtv plugins
    please see bugs 10536, 10533 (and any related)

Some fixes to current ebuilds (please see ChangeLogs on the above-posted
site):

  app-arch/flexbackup
  net-analyzer/net-snmp
  net-mail/cyrus-imapd
  net-mail/postfix

Some patches to Portage and other fixes:

  checkfs/halt.sh patches enable LVM2 support (bug #21908)
  rc-update patch enable service/runlevel listings (bug #4222)
  emerge/portage.py patches enable per-package USE flags (bug #13616)

My question is what would be the best way of contributing some of this
stuff back?  Seems a bit too much for bugs.gentoo.org.

--
---max kalika