From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Google Apps Standard Edition @ gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:41:32
1 On Wednesday 31 March 2010 12:11:30 Joe Peterson wrote:
2 > It's a "Google Apps" account, not just a Gmail account. You cannot have
3 > more than one gmail account open in your browser at one time - the
4 > cookies are not separate. Whereas you *can* have your gmail and all of
5 > your google apps accounts (in different domains) open at one time.
6
7 OK
8
9 > Those, like me, who have several google apps accounts (I have a personal
10 > business one, a personal one, and a work one) can keep accounts separate
11 > this way. Also, since it's the "gentoo.org" google apps account, the
12 > email address looks the same as your gentoo address (rather than
13 > foo-gentoo@×××××.com, etc.).
14
15 this too has been doable forever. gmail has had a feature where you can set
16 the From: address to any e-maill address once you "verified" it was your e-
17 mail address.
18
19 > What Alec was asking is why not turn on the feature. It just enables
20 > more functionality for those who want to use it. It just requires we
21 > verify that we "own" gentoo.org.
22
23 i'm not against the idea, i was just wondering what the point was
24 -mike