From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Disabling auto-bumping of active Python version
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:32:15
1 On 11/29/10 13:10, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > $ eselect python --help
3 > Manage Python symlinks
4 > Usage: eselect python <action> <options>
5 >
6 > [...]
7 > update Switch to the most recent CPython interpreter
8 > --if-unset Do not override existing implementation
9 > --ignore SLOT Ignore SLOT when setting symlinks
10 > --python2 Set active Python 2 interpreter without
11 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 2
12 > --python3 Set active Python 3 interpreter without
13 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 3
14 >
15 > See the --if-unset option.
16
17 I see, thanks.
18
19 What I would now like to call from the ebuild is
20
21 eselect python set --if-unset ${SLOT}
22
23 Problem is ..
24 * action "set" wants and index, not a slot
25 * --if-unset works with update only
26
27 If there's a cleaner way than duplicating an ugly (and probably
28 error-prone) future wrapper to all ebuilds of dev-lang/python, I would
29 rather try that.
30
31 Any ideas?
35 Sebastian