From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming Willikins downtime
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:57:16
1 On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi folks, just a quick note, since the Willikins bot is widely used now.
3 >
4 > Due to the datacentre where the bot is hosted moving physical premises, there
5 > will be a downtime of 4-16 hours, starting Apr 15 04:00:00.
6 >
7 > 4 hours is the timeframe I've been told, but I think it's unrealistic myself.
8
9 This oughta explain it:
10 http://www.overcomingbias.com/2006/12/bosses_prefer_o.html
11
12 > 16 hours is my worst case number, of them screwing up something in the move,
13 > and me having to visit the box personally.
16 The boxen wish me to express their deepest gratitude for such personal care ;o
19 ~Nirbheek Chauhan