From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Anti-spam for goose
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 09:41:03
1 On Fri, 22 May 2020 12:53:03 -0700
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We cannot exclude overlays which will have cat/pkg not in the main
5 > gentoo repo. So, we should not excludea submission that includes a few
6 > of these. They would just become irrelevant outliers to our
7 > processesing of the data. In fact some of these outlier pkgs could be
8 > relevant to our including that pkg into the main repo.
9
10 We *can* still validate them against entries in known overlays.
11
12 And even if we *cant* validate everything, we can de-weight and hide
13 from *default* reports items that can't be found in known overlays.
14
15 This would move the difficulty goal from "submit a spam record" to:
16
17 - write an overlay
18 - get it published somewhere
19 - get it included in the database of known overlays
20 - then publish a spam record relating to it
21
22 Which sounds like a slow and painful process if the risk of being
23 blacklisted burns down that whole stack.