From: Cedric Veilleux <cedric@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Gentoo frequently unanswered questions (FUQ)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 04:10:52
1 Hi,
2
3 There are probably may ways to achieve this, but what I prefer is to create
4 a portage tree in my home directory with my ebuilds. Something like
5 portage/distfiles/somepackage.tar.gz
6 portage/net-mail/qmail-hack/qmail-hack-1.0.ebuild
7 ...
8
9 Then all I have to do is "tar xzf myports.tar.gz portage" and then I can
10 distribute the tarball or extract it in my own portage tree. I don't care if
11 an emerge --clean rsync deletes it since I can easily re-extract it later..
14 Cedric