From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Guidelines for dangerous USE flags
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:21:42
1 On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:06:13 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > nrpe-command-args-SECURITY-HOLE
5 > or just
6 > nrpe-GAPING-SECURITY-HOLE
7
8 That's probably excessive, if you set that USE flag globally, you
9 deserve what you get.
10
11 And if you are responsible and you know what you're getting, then you
12 should be allowed to do that ( even though I struggle to understand why
13 )
14
15 For everything else there are etc/portage/package.use
16
17 Or maybe it could be a required-use:
18
19 REQUIRED_USE="nrpe? ( GAPING_SECURITY_HOLE )"
20
21 Alternatively, you could have a pkg_pretend like:
22
23 pkg_pretend() {
24 if [[use nrpe && ! has "${CATEGORY}/${PN}" "${GAPING_SECURITY_HOLE}" ]]; then
25 einfo "nrpe feature introduces a security risk where in blah blah"
26 einfo " blah, please read https://wiki.gentoo.org/etc/etc for"
27 einfo " details and how to enable this"
28 die "Security Hole Not Permitted"
29 fi
30 }
31
32 But I say that only because current REQUIRED_USE feature makes it nigh
33 impossible to understand from a human perspective what that assertion
34 means.