From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SWAMI and SMURF?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:57:47
1 On 5:31:29 pm 11/21/04 "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I've been browsing the CCRMA web site -- I'm gathering as many of the
3 > CCRMA-recommended packages as I can that are in the Portage tree. In
4 > the process, I discovered that apparently the SMURF sound font
5 > package has evolved into something called SWAMI (Sampled Waveforms
6 > And Musical Instruments). Are there any plans to add SWAMI to
7 > media-sound?
8 > Speaking of CCRMA, I noticed that the planet-ccrma-sources were
9 > dropped from Portage. Is there a gentoo-compatible low-latency kernel
10 > available?
11
12 This is probably something that should be maintained outside of Gentoo for
13 now. Our kernel team is overworked as it is. You can use a program called
14 gensync and setup an external rsync repo (sunsite.dk does rsync hosting, or
15 you could add cvs repo support to gensync and get hosting just about
16 anywhere). Just my 2c.
17
18 --Iggy
21 > --