From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:17:51
1 On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 18:38 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > You were asking me to test an app which I don't have the hardware for.
3 > What do you expect? "I can't test it but I'll mark it stable anyway"? I
4 > hope no-one is still seriously taking the whole "maintainer arch" thing
5 > seriously after having seen how some of the x86 developers behave...
6
7 They aren't "x86 developers" just because they're on an x86 anymore than
8 I'm an amd64 developer or a sparc developer because I'm on an amd64 or a
9 sparc. After all, I do some of my "development" from my PPC box,
10 running MacOS X, but I'm neither a PPC, nor a MacOS developer. Just
11 because someone is a developer and happens to use x86, don't try to make
12 this an "x86 versus $arch" problem, when it is really a "package
13 maintainer versus $arch" one.
14
15 That all being said, it would be nice if more people used arches other
16 than x86 every once in a while just so they could see how different
17 things can be.
20 Chris Gianelloni
22 Games - Developer
23 Gentoo Linux