From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] masked portage 1.8.8-r1
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 12:25:15
1 Hello all,
2
3 I've committed a masked portage 1.8.8-r1. Since I've changed a few
4 internal features it would be nice if some people tested it and bashed
5 it to death before I unmask it :-)
6
7 Thanks for the help !
8
9 Here is the relevant excerpt from the changelog :
10 *portage 1.8.8-r1 (1 Feb 2002)
11
12 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> portage.py, ebuild.sh :
13 added support for a pkg_setup() function which is executed before
14 anything else and can be typically used for package configuration
15 actions or required system checks
16
17 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> portage.py :
18 implemented the noauto MAINTAINER flags for all relevant ebuild
19 commands
20
21 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> portage.py :
22 make env-update disregard backup files
23
24 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> emerge :
25 added --pretend support instead of interactively asking to proceed,
26 also added a delay before unmerging though to be sure
27
28 *portage 1.8.8 (1 Feb 2002)
29
30 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> emerge :
31 added --safe switch to complement the --unmerge option
32
33 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> portage.py :
34 rewrote the packagename without category support to also graceously
35 handle deps specifiers at the beginning, this shouldn't be used in the
36 ebuilds, but are very handy when using emerge --unmerge
37
38 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> emerge :
39 added emerge --unmerge support
40
41 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> portage.py :
42 added packagename without category support in the dep_match function
43
44 *portage 1.8.7 (30 Jan 2002)
47 Geert Bevin
48 the Leaf sprl/bvba
49 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
50 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
51 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98