From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-arch/bzip2: bzip2-1.0.5-r1.ebuild
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:47:11
1 On 06/08/11 11:43, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:28:47 +0200
3 > Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:27, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>> In all cases I want one resource to look at, viewcvs is a horrible
8 >>> and slow interface. So it does make sense to keep changelogs filled
9 >>> with information - maybe automation is needed, I don't have a
10 >>> strong opinion either way. But don't make me do more work because
11 >>> you are lazy, that never ends well.
12 >>
13 >> IMO we should just make repoman commit update the ChangeLog.
14 >
15 > What if we wanted to remove ChangeLogs then for autogeneration? Will we
16 > require all devs to quickly update their portage versions?
19 Just make committing the ChangeLog fatal on the server side ;)
20
21 There are enough ways to get it done ...
24 Patrick Lauer http://service.gentooexperimental.org
25
26 Gentoo Council Member and Evangelist
27 Part of Gentoo Benchmarks, Forensics, PostgreSQL, KDE herds