From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Supporting GLES-only implementations
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:27:15
I'm trying to get better support for efika and possibly other similar
systems like pandaboard.

I already started to hack eselect-opengl and mesa to keep libGLES*,
libOpenVG and libEGL in the switchable dir and it seems to work properly.

Now I'd like to make ALL the GL/ GLES/ KHR/ and such headers switchable
as well.

One of the last items is discussing about what to do with
implementations that do not provide OpenGL.

I'd introduce a separate virtual for gles2, gles1 and openvg and make so
eselect-opengl does not complain if libGL is missing.

Anybody has interest and/or better ideas?

PS: I'd consider GL implementations monolithic so you cannot mix and
match them at least for now.

Luca Barbato

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Supporting GLES-only implementations Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>