From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proper distribution integration of kernel *-sources, patches and configuration.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:14:41
1 On 1 July 2013 22:41, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > ### TL; DR ###
4 >
5 > By introducing feature patches which menu options are disabled by
6 > default to genpatches, we can deduplicate *-sources maintainers as well
7 > as large groups of users work. By introducing a distribution section
8 > in the menuconfig, we can provide options that enable minimal Gentoo
9 > requirements by default (DEVTMPFS, making Gentoo systems bootable since
10 > an udev release a long time ago) and other distribution stuff.
13 Sounds like a great idea to me!
16 Cheers,
17
18 Ben | yngwin