From: Sven Wegener <swegener@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use.force support
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:42:37
1 On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 01:34:05AM +0300, Sami N??t?nen wrote:
2 > On Monday 13 June 2005 23:54, Sven Wegener wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:40:34PM -0500, Kito wrote:
4 > > > what about just a use.env?
5 > >
6 > > I find that a little bit misleading. Sounds like "use this
7 > > environment" or so.
8 >
9 > How about use.lock, which would lock the listed use flags from normal
10 > usage.
11
12 I already had the idea of using use.<whatever> and merge it with
13 use.mask so that we have one file to force flags on or off for a
14 profile. That means three operators, "force enable", "force disable" and
15 "clear settings from parent profiles" but currently the parser works
16 with just two operator, flag and -flag. So portage would need more
17 changes here. But after reading the file portage would (assuming the
18 current code base) split them in two categories, masked flags and forced
19 flags, so it's easier IMHO to just keep them in two different files.
20
21 Sven
24 Sven Wegener
25 Gentoo Linux Developer