From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OT - Finding Linux dev resources
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:29:43
1 On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:20:57PM -0600, Ryan wrote:
2 > Oh yea, and expect to get LOTS of wise cracks such as this below. Just
3 > ignore those.
4
5 I was not just trying to make a joke, I was serious. If you do not
6 understand how to attract open source developers, or even where they are
7 located at, then you will fail misserably at trying to recruit them, or
8 rely on them as your employees and/or market.
9
10 In short, know the business you are trying to enter into...
11
12 And yes, it's _very_ hard to make a distro, I've worked on 3 different
13 ones now (maintaining pretty much a whole distro with just 3 people at a
14 past job), and the effort and time involved is vastly unknown by anyone
15 who has not done it before.
16
17 greg k-h
18 --