From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: A Little Council Reform Anyone?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:48:24
1 On 12:51 Fri 10 Jul , Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 22:50 -0400, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
3 > > Ciaran, you are killing Gentoo. You wrote a demonstrably error
4 > > prone GLEP 39, then tried to exploit it to ram through GLEP 55, and
5 > > you got caught. You've created a huge amount of red tape, needless
6 > > bickering argument, and have utterly hamstrung every council ever
7 > > convened. Ciaran, you will not be doing this again.
8 > >
9 > Actually, GLEP39 was written by Grant and Ciaran, and it was voted on
10 > by the entire developer community (I don't recall in which order these
11 > happened, but certainly it was not Ciaran who approved it).
12 >
13 > --- snip ---
14 >
15 > I am wearing my userrel hat here. I don't see anything here that
16 > contributes to the discussion --- it looks like a personal attack and a
17 > threat to me. As Jorge stated a day or so ago, please stop this now.
18 > You may consider this to be a final warning.
19
20 This absolutely reeks to me of discriminatory treatment and nepotism. If
21 only everyone were held to the same high standards, Gentoo would be a
22 better place.
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27