From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google SOC 2008
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:42:14
1 On 26-02-2008 10:32:45 -0800, joshua jackson wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > Google is once again doing the summer of code for students. I'm helping
5 > organize it this year and am putting out a call for some elements to help.
6 >
7 > 1) We need idea's for things to do. Diego has already submitted some via
8 > his blog which have been taken into consideration.
9
10 - sandbox porting to Darwin, Solaris, FreeBSD (flameeyes), NetBSD and
11 OpenBSD (would love AIX, IRIX, True64, HPUX and Interix too ;) )
12 - sandbox implementation of bug #205312
13 - baselayout porting to Prefix (mostly the start stop mechanisms)
14 - scanmacho (scanelf for Darwin) tool (to replace otool)
15 - make packages.g.o searchable
16 - combine packages.g.o and tinderbox.d.g.o
17 - binary Prefix bootstrap (ultimately using what's on tinderbox.d.g.o)
18
19 > 2) We need mentors, so far confirmed I have: Diego and Saleem
20
21 For the above things where I don't step on others' toes, yes.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list