From: Vincent-Xavier JUMEL <endymion+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 18:34:56
1 Hello there,
2
3 Le 03 décembre à 00:18 Michał Górny a écrit
4 > Hello, everyone.
5 >
6 > This is something that's been talked about privately a lot lately but it
7 > seems that nobody went forward to put things into motion. SO here's
8 > a proposal that aims to improve the condition of our mailing lists
9 > and solve some of the problems they are facing today.
12 > Problems
13 > ========
14 >
15 > Currently the developer-oriented mailing lists gentoo-dev and gentoo-
16 > project are open to posting by everyone. While this has been generally
17 > beneficial, we seem to be having major problems with some
18 > of the posters for more than a year. Off hand, I can think of three:
19 >
20 I've been a Gentoo user and gentoo-dev@ mailing list subscriber for
21 around ten years and some of your action and decision bother me a lot.
22 This one seems to be one of the last and I'm considering quitting Gentoo
23 in favour of some other and more friendly place.
24
25 I've been wondering for year if it was worth becoming a “official”
26 Gentoo developer or if maintaining my own (maybe crappy but usefull)
27 ebuilds in my repo was sufficient.
28
29 Instead of dealing with everyone in a blow that could send away
30 (expert) users, maybe you could deal only with the nay-sayers that you
31 speak of.
32
33 In my opinion, I mostly find your work admirable but your answers non
34 constructive, and full of insults too.
35 --
36 Vincent-Xavier JUMEL Id: https://keybase.io/vincentxavier https://blog.thetys-retz.net
37
38 Société Libre, Logiciel Libre http://www.april.org/adherer