From: Daniel Buschke <magic-gentoo@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] speeding up usage of portage in e-file / portage file list
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 22:05:21
1 Am 23.05.2020 um 23:46 schrieb Daniel Pielmeier:
2 > Hm correct me if I am wrong, but from looking at the patch Zac provided
3 > I think he meant that the time portage consumes is only one second while
4 > the "rest" is 3.2 seconds. So there is probably a potential in improving
5 > the "rest" somehow.
6
7 Yes and no. The difference between the python and bash version is
8 roughly 2 seconds. One second for importing portage (which Zac patched
9 away) and another second for the rest of the portage stuff. So using the
10 portage API adds two additional seconds.
11
12 The python version needs 3.2 seconds on my system. As said the portage
13 API (or better calling the portage API) consumes ~2 seconds. As this is
14 the most time intense part the question is if there is a way to optimize
15 this.
16
17 Hope this is more clearly. I had fun anyway :)
18
19 regards
20 Daniel