From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: list purpose. was: Re: Re: gentoo-x86 commit in app-forensics/memdump: memdump-1.0.1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:55:18
1 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> posted
2 20090105162921.GA15481@×××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Mon, 05 Jan
3 2009 11:29:21 -0500:
4
5 > Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o> said:
6 >> I'm not sure I want to see this list being a QA list for commits.
7 >>
8 >> If there is a commit that raises an interesting question for everyone
9 >> sure put it here.
10 >>
11 >> Otherwise please take up QA faults with the author or devrel if you
12 >> think they are consistantly under-standard.
13 >
14 > I'm pretty sure this has come up before... The developer list is the
15 > best place for us to do peer review, since it not only helps the person
16 > that is being reviewed, but also helps other developers at the same time
17 > since they can see issues and how to correct them.
18 >
19 > My 2c would be that if you don't want to see them to set up a filter.
20
21 Seconded. This is specifically a technical list (project is otherwise),
22 and I'm not a dev but learn a lot from those posts, which are after all
23 technical and you couldn't get more gentoo-dev topic-wise.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman