From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE split ebuilds
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:44:40
1 On Thursday 17 March 2005 00:07, Tom Wesley wrote:
2 > I can't disagree that p'masking a bucket-load of packages, all at
3 > different versions will be a pain. Also, upgrading etc may require a
4 > small army of gnome's (pun intended) to complete the task in a timely
5 > manner.
6 Indeed. Which is why I don't want to do this.
9 > Do any kde applications release outside of kde's main releases? (I have
10 > a vague recollection of kopete doing this, but no others)
11 Usually they stop when, or soon after, they are made part of an official
12 kde.org package. I can't recall any app that does this right now. Anyway, for
13 the very few that do, we can include extra releases with made-up version
14 numbers (or dates) that sort of make sense. These cases are so rare that this
15 doesn't fall into the 'confusing users' category IMHO.
18 Dan Armak
19 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
20 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
21 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951