From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A unit-testing prototype
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:41:58
1 On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:48:01 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 02:47 Mon 26 May , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > A while back, vapier added some tests for the toolchain-funcs
6 > > eclass to /usr/portage/eclass/tests/. I really like the idea, and I
7 > > recently discovered an xUnit-style unit-testing framework for shell
8 > > scripts called ShUnit2. I played with it a little and made a couple
9 > > of prototypes. Take a look and see what you think.
10 >
11 > I've heard two positive comments on IRC and nothing else, so I'm
12 > proceeding with this. I'll be adding these to the existing
13 > /usr/portage/eclass/tests/, adding shunit2 to the tree, and beginning
14 > some work looking into unit tests for portage's bash code.
15
16 Great! Thanks. I didn't try it because I was too lazy to put shunit2 in
17 an overlay but had a look at the code. Tests cannot hurt, esp. for such
18 widely used code that eclasses are.
19 I'll probably use this to write tests for the couple of eclasses I
20 maintain.
23 Alexis.