From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.1 inconsistencies :
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:24:35
1 Hello, I did a new gcc3.1 bootstrap when I was forced offline, and
2 theese are my notes:
5 bootstrap went nice first time, but I managed to abort it and mess up a
6 few times, generally my fault to set the wrong flags (1.3 gcc 3.1 image)
7
8 Texinfo needs to be fixed and unmasked for the gcc3 profile (it doesn't
9 break any old system so it should work nicely)
10
11 have gcc 2.95.3 hide it , gcc 3.1 depend on it... works nice :)
12
13 after a time of recompiling system with new flags I noted some ncurses
14 stuff started to break... couldn't compile gpm, zsh, cscope and other
15 things, was odded by this until I checked ncurses (clean new install )
16 with gcc 3.1's headers...
17
18 xfree has some problems with a source not found for the latest masked
19 verison
22 Wonderfully enough, this was solved by recompiling -gcc- .....
23 fixincludes script did something there I suspect.
24
25 unmask gnome2 and emerge gnome works. (not a single breakage!! )
26 gdm works perfect once Xfree was started.
27
28 Generally the whole progress felt really smooth. I'm still recovering
29 and hope my connection will last through this.
30
31 soo, right now I'm running march=athlon-tbird -O3 -pipe for most things
32 :)
35 //Spider
38 begin .signature
39 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
41 end