From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-fonts/mikachan-font
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:09:49
1 As per summary, I've just masked mikachan-font for removal. Don't panic! I'm
2 not removing the mikachan font from portage. This package installs, depending
3 on version, either a TTF font (TrueType Fonts files) or a TTC font (TrueType
4 Collection); the latter is not compatible with some software, like GD if I
5 remember correctly, that expects only TTF fonts.
6
7 To get around this problem, mikachan is now split in three packages, each of
8 which installs the same fonts in a different format:
9
10 media-fonts/mikachan-font-otf OpenType Fonts
11 media-fonts/mikachan-font-ttf TrueType Fonts
12 media-fonts/mikachan-font-ttc TrueType Collection
13
14 this way you can have fine grained selection of fonts to install.
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
18 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...