From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:11:30
1 On 23/09/13 16:08, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 23/09/13 15:52, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Because I've seen some commits today for reverting the mentioned
6 >>> KEYWORDS to ~arch in some ebuilds I'm not sure if everyone is aware that
7 >>> the arch status is set using profiles/profiles.desc and as I'm writing
8 >>> this, the mentioned arches are still 'stable', not 'dev'
9 >>> No matter what the news item or whatever says, only profiles.desc counts
10 >>
11 >> That's a thing that was never quite clear to me. Should there be
12 >> a one-to-one correspondence between an arch marked stable in
13 >> profiles.desc (i.e. having at least one profile labelled as stable
14 >> there) and the same arch having stable keywords?
15 >
16 > of course...
17 >
18 >> There is at least one example for an arch that is only dev in
19 >> profiles.desc but used to have stable keywords (sh), and another arch
20 >> where it's the other way around (amd64-fbsd).
21 >>
22 >> Ulrich
23 >>
24 > i'm a bit confused, why do you think sh is not an stable arch?
25 > it's still an stable arch like m68k and s390 is... until someone changes
26 > those lines as per council's vote.
27
28 ah, scratch that, got it now -- vapier already started downgrading the
29 'sh' status earlier, before the council's vote by changing the profiles.desc