From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should mirror restriction imply bindist restriction?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:15:45
1 On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:14:07 -0400
2 "Rick \"Zero_Chaos\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Yes warnings are nice, but building a few thousand packages a day I
5 > honestly don't read all the warnings... I trust that when I tell
6 > portage/catalyst I am going to bindist that it would attempt to help
7 > keep me on the right side of the law. It is simple enough to disable
8 > bindist if I want to, well you know, distribute the binary illegally.
9
10 ebuild(5):
11 bindist
12 Distribution of built packages is restricted.
15 That means you shouldn't do it. But maybe you're right. emerge/catalyst
16 should be able to distinguish right from wrong, not you.
19 jer