From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New dev introduction - Francesco Riosa (vivo)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:19:21
1 This announcement is a little late, due to various vacations, but now, without
2 further ado, as his mentor, I'd like to introduce Francesco as vivo.
3
4 Francesco joins us from Torino, Italy (called Turin by the
5 rest of the world), having recently moved into his brand-new house
6 (which he might rent out for the upcoming 2006 Winter Olympics, maybe
7 we can get good rates as developers?). He intends to consume large
8 amounts of caffeine before abusing ROT26 encryption to mangle
9 the tree.
10
11 In the meantime, he's joining us as knowledgable (or is it foolhardy?)
12 developer to play with everything new in the MySQL world, including nightly
13 builds of MySQL-5.0. He's contributed the stunning new MySQL-4.1 ebuilds now
14 present in the tree, properly coping with the new requirements for MySQL-4.1.
15
16 FYI: MySQL-4.1 will only go into ~arch (and not be package.masked as it is
17 currently) when PHP5 is properly removed from package.mask. Otherwise a nasty
18 upgrade-downgrade loop exists, and it's really really painful with MySQL-4.0
19 vs. MySQL-4.1.
22 Robin Hugh Johnson
23 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
24 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
25 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
26 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85