From: Christoph Mende <angelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dgoncharov@××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] contribution to colorgcc
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:20:45
1 On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 11:45 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:48:09 -0400
3 > Dmitry Goncharov <dgoncharov@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Is anybody maintaining dev-util/colorgcc?
6 > > I'd like to contribute certain improvements for gcc and also support
7 > > for the sun, ibm, hp and intel compilers.
8 > > I pushed the current version to
9 > > https://github.com/dgoncharov/colorgcc. You can pull from there or i
10 > > can submit a set of patches.
11 >
12 > I suggest you start with pinging upstream. The homepage [1] indicates
13 > the project is on github too [2], so I guess you can go with a pull
14 > request if you forked it.
15
16 Also, please use github's fork feature, so you don't lose the entire
17 history.
18 And, like Michał said, you really should take your changes upstream,
19 they seem pretty active (last commit in June). They also quite often
20 accept pull requests if you look at the history.