From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [WIP] gcc 3.3
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:57:27
On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 14:00, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:

> I'd be quite keen on testing it out since I have had my fair share of > pentium4 problems and am desperately hoping an upgrade of gcc will sort > them out. >
You could try gcc-3.2.3 until all 3.3 issues are resolved. I did limited testing, but at least for glibc-2.3.2, compiling it with -march=pentium4 did not fail any math test like 3.2.2 and earlier did .... Regards, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa