From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 22:07:54
1 On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 12:50:56PM +0100, Samuel Bernardo wrote:
2 > Hi Robin,
3 >
4 > On 4/1/20 6:36 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
5 > > Samuel:
6 > > I already proved that using go-module.eclass EGO_SUM it will NOT use Git
7 > > repositories, and all of the fetching will happen long before
8 > > src_unpack. Why do you persist with your statement to the contrary?
9 >
10 > Sorry my misunderstanding, but I didn't get it right with what you
11 > mentioned to me before:
12 >
13 > > Have you looked at the EGO_SUM in go-module? This already covers ANY go
14 > > package that uses go.mod + go.sum, in a fully reproducible way that does
15 > > not break network sandbox.
16 > I looked into the eclass documentation and I only found EGO_VENDOR[1].
17 > This seems so expensive since I need to parse all go.mod or go.sum files
18 > that I concluded would be better to use a tar.gz with all dependencies
19 > (remember that my use case is with my personal overlay).
20 Thanks, it seems the eclass HTML documentation is not updating
21 correctly (it's showing the content of the eclass-manpages-20200213
22 version right now, despite the "Updated: Apr 2020" text). I've pushed a
23 change and the corrected documentation is now visible.
24 Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
25
26 > Looking deeply into the source code I could find more details about
27 > EGO_SUM that only needs to set the urls to go.mod or/and go.sum files
28 > present in the repository. This is useful, but only to official gentoo
29 > developers, since if I want to use my own mirror type, for instance
30 > mirror://gooverlay, I wouldn't have that option[3]:
31 You don't need to override _GOMODULE_GOPROXY_BASEURI at all.
32
33 _GOMODULE_GOPROXY_BASEURI (with the default of mirror://goproxy/)
34 expands to the UPSTREAM locations that have the Go modules available.
35
36 It expects those mirrors to have the layout of files used by upstream.
37
38 > > # I am considering removing this and just hard coding mirror://goproxy
39 > > # below, so please do not rely on it.
40 > > : "${_GOMODULE_GOPROXY_BASEURI:=mirror://goproxy/}"|
41 > So, go-module.eclass provides a good base to follow SRP pattern (single
42 > responsibility principle). Looking into that effort I would copy
43 > go-module.eclass to my overlay eclass directory and adapt it to use my
44 > mirror type.
45 >
46 > I would like to use directly Gentoo maintained go-module.eclass, but for
47 > that I would like to have access to set my own mirror type.
48 >
49 > I also ask you to update documentation since there is some details to
50 > use EGO_SUM, such as you stated in comment[4].
51 It's not clear why you need to modify the mirror behavior at all; maybe
52 you covered that elsewhere in this overly long thread.
55 Robin Hugh Johnson
56 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
57 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
58 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
59 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136