From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:01:20

On 06/17/10 09:52, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Wrong mailing list. This thread belongs to gentoo-project.
that's what I am referring to with "tone in Gentoo". I want the other 80% of you on the council. In my opinion the DevRel topic is too important to hide it on a mailing list with a fraction of subscribers. I wrote here on purpose. Among the very first things a Gentoo dev learns is that the gentoo-project mailing list is a list for topics no one really cares about. If you ask me we should resolve that list and merge it into gentoo-dev. It's note a pure approach, but it could work better.
> I also find > it weird that you didn't consult the devrel alias before starting this > thread
In my eyes these issues are something that the whole Gentoo project needs to know about and to decide upon, not DevRel itself. Especially discussing to replace the team of conflict resolvers with a group of elected people isn't something I expect to work well on an inner discussion with DevRel. My latest discussion with DevRel (and it's ending) may have added to it. Best, Sebastian

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>