From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] donations to what?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:08:55
1 On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 18:27, Daniel Armyr wrote:
2 > Does Gentoo do accounting? In that case, some financial statements
3 > would put many people at ease, or at least, those of us who can read them.
6 No offense, but what makes you think you deserve to see it ? Not even I
7 make these types of demands. Do we charge for the binary images, iso's,
8 whatnot that enables you to use Gentoo ? Do we sell anything Gentoo
9 related to the public (not talking coffee mugs, etc, but software) ??
10
11 Why is it in a culture of free software, where users "leach" off the
12 effort and time put into creating what they are using, calls MURDER
13 first ?
14
15 I dare whoever that want to make this an issue and whine, to get a
16 developer in a field they are interested in, and sponsor his work
17 for a year.
20 Anyhow, flame away.
24 Martin Schlemmer
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
26 Cape Town, South Africa