From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 07:39:05
1 23.09.2013 22:29, Markos Chandras пишет:
2 > On 09/23/2013 03:07 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 >>
4 >> we have 'stable', 'dev' and 'exp'; the difference between 'dev' and
5 >> 'exp' is unclear to me. it could be changed so that broken deps in
6 >> 'dev' profiles are a repoman error (without -d) but without stable
7 >> keywords.
8 >>
9 >> Alexis.
10 >>
11 > I believe the 'exp' profile makes no sense. It might did in the past,
12 > but I believe we are fine having only 'stable' and 'dev'. So unless I am
13 > missing something obvious, 'dev' can be used to express ~arch only
14 > architectures whether they are in a good or bad state.
17 I think current dedication of pure-unstable arches on well-maintained
18 and dependency consistent arches in dev and arches where dependency
19 consistency is someway broken(Prefix) makes sense.
20
21 Unless somebody wants to clean up some mess i have seen in Prefix deps
22 by fulling package.use.mask in prefix profiles with tons of deps.
23
24 Anyway, we have apropriate options in repoman for checking on dev and
25 exp profiles, and, regarding the Prefix, i think we can try to move
26 prefix profiles to dev when Prefix tree will be merged with gentoo-x86
29 Best regards, Sergey Popov
30 Gentoo developer
31 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
32 Gentoo Qt project lead
33 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead