From: Colin Morey <Peitolm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More on virii
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:46:09
1 On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 02:36, R. C. James Harlow wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 March 2004 23:50, antifa@g.o wrote:
3 > > newton.random-chaos.org.uk sends us a ridiculous amount of spam and virii.
4 > > In addition, as far as I can tell, there is nothing in the entire netblock
5 > > of it's ip that does anything but spam.
6 >
7 I'm not sure I'm happy with the implication that all my email is spam...
8 :)
9 newton.random-chaos.org.uk happens to be my primary mail-server, and a
10 secondary for gentoo.org
11
12 My thanks go to James for saving me all of the typing for pointing out
13 relay-2.gentoo.org == secondary mx for gentoo ==
14 newton.random-chaos.org.uk
15
16 I'd love to implement anti-spam, in fact newton was the box that
17 trialled the attachment blocking that's now in place. rest assured that
18 anything that will be implemented will effect me personally first.
19 Please bare in mind that any anti-spam will need to be 100% reliable at
20 catching spam, with no false positives... as you can imagine, the side
21 effects of missing an email could be potentially catastrophic.
22
23 Developers are always free to filter their own mail, that's their
24 prerogative... :)
25
26 Cheers,
27
28 Colin,
29 (Speaking for himself rather than any particular gentoo team).
30 --
31 Colin Morey <Peitolm@g.o>
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list