From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: turning off grub2 multislot use flag
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 18:28:52
1 On 08/07/2016 07:39 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I have spoken with floppym about this (he is the primary maintainer of
5 > grub2), and he told me to go for it if I want to take on the project, so
6 > I want some thoughts.
9 ..
12 > So, again, this would affect new installs, but users can stop it from
13 > happening on their systems if they want to do so.
14
15 It will require a lot of documentation updates (wiki, handbook etc) so I
16 wonder if you don't need symlinks for the grub2* names for a while even
17 so to ensure compatibility for a deprecation period. New users aren't
18 expected to have seen all the news items, so that alone isn't enough
19 until the documentation is updated, and docs can't be updated until the
20 change has happened itself as itself would be a mismatch.
21
22 What is the expected gain from such a change?
25 Kristian Fiskerstrand
26 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
27 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3