From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:44:31
On 08/05/2010 12:22 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:

> I guess the point here is that we need a stable version of PMs for a > reasonable time before we switch tree ebuilds to it. > People will hate me if I use EAPI4 functionality in php ebuilds as soon > as councils approves EAPI4. Security might want a word with me if it's a > fast-stable security release.
People will not "hate you" - if the portage with EAPI4 is in ~arch, you can have PHP w/EAPI4 in ~arch, even on zero-day of release. Likewise with stable tree. It does not matter when council "approves" EAPI4, it matters when portage has the implementation and is released.. The caveat is with @system packages, especially bash/python/portage itself. -Jeremy

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Reviving GLEP33 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>