From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Discontinuing (more-than-absolutely-minimal) Python support for non-x86 arches
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:21:38
1 > Perhaps we could write a tool that
2 > looks up newer versions of installed ebuilds that have dropped keywords
3 > for a given arch and report which dependencies also need keywording. I
4 > guess we don't have something like that?
5
6 True, keeping track of long-running stable requests with complicated lists is
7 a serious pain. Also true, additional automation could help here.
8
9 In the end this boils down to the question, can we do something better than
10 bugzilla for stabilization and keywording tracking? A dedicated webapp (which
11 still needs to be integrated with bugzilla somehow to process blockers)?
12
13 Obviously this is work. I am tempted to suggest Google Summer of Code, except
14 that experience tells me that's the fastest way to get a half-functional pile
15 of code that never goes into production. Any better ideas?
18 Andreas K. Hüttel
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)