From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:38:11
1 On 17.12.2012 11:23, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 17/12/2012 11:19, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I've always myself override these defaults in make.conf to point for
5 >> /var/portage/ (not /var/lib because I never bothered enough how to
6 >> make world and config files to be put elsewhere :P).
7 >
8 > I would say let's work on that so that portage can keep them there.
9 > Although I'm more for /var/cache/portage myself, as both distfiles and
10 > tree can be re-generated.
13 With this change distfiles and packages could be moved to a directory
14 which is not a subdir of portage. Something like
15
16 /var/cache/{portage,distfiles,packages}
17
18 or
19
20 /var/cache/portage/{tree,distfiles,packages}
21
22 since the file types and storage requirements are so different. At least
23 I prefer not to have too many filesystems mounted inside each other.
24
25 Philipp