From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword policy for non standard things
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:54:44
1 Dawid Węgliński wrote:
2 > Hello fellow developers and users.
3 >
4 > I'd like to know your opinion of bug #243050 [1]
5 >
6 > 01:18:59 cla @| If user bothers to patch his kernel, he can bother
7 > to add proper package.keyword line, imo.
8
9 ++
10
11 > 01:21:52 hparker @| Or maybe get the patches added to gentoo-sources
12
13 or ++
14
15 maybe we can get the pm's to implement this as EAPI="999,999,999.99"
16 I suggest a syntax of "virtual/kernel:::::::user_patched"
17
18 On a more serious note, How can we confirm a package is stable when we
19 can't confirm the kernel it depends on is?
20
21 I would have no problem with gentoo-sources also including a use flag(s)
22 ( or not ) and having it add patches to support software we have within
23 the tree. I have no say in that tho.
24
25 Alistair