From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:01:17
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto posted on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:20:08 +0000 as
excerpted:

> you're confusing talk and jokes between developers on a particular > private room with tone between members of the global community in public > mediums.
It's possible that's the case. However, it's also the case that with such content, whatever consent there may have been between present parties previously, as soon as one person present asks that it stop and it does not, it's sexual harassment. Evidently, one person present, regular or not, asked that it stop, and it didn't, ergo... Regardless of whether it was acceptable before that, it certainly was not, after that. That's not the sort of situation, private or not, that I'd be proud to say I was a part of, or would like to try to explain to my kid, my parent, or my girlfriend/wife, particularly after one party present evidently asked that it stop, and it didn't. It does not make me proud to say I run Gentoo. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman