From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:01:17
1 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto posted on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:20:08 +0000 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > you're confusing talk and jokes between developers on a particular
5 > private room with tone between members of the global community in public
6 > mediums.
7
8 It's possible that's the case. However, it's also the case that with such
9 content, whatever consent there may have been between present parties
10 previously, as soon as one person present asks that it stop and it does
11 not, it's sexual harassment. Evidently, one person present, regular or
12 not, asked that it stop, and it didn't, ergo...
13
14 Regardless of whether it was acceptable before that, it certainly was not,
15 after that.
16
17 That's not the sort of situation, private or not, that I'd be proud to say
18 I was a part of, or would like to try to explain to my kid, my parent, or
19 my girlfriend/wife, particularly after one party present evidently asked
20 that it stop, and it didn't. It does not make me proud to say I run
21 Gentoo.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman