From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:43:06
1 Now that portage-2.2 is in ~arch, we should now be able to add sets to
2 the tree.
3
4 How should we go about doing this? In some overlays, the repository root
5 has sets/{foo,bar,etc} and sets.conf which might look like this:
6
7 [gentoo sets]
8 class = portage.sets.files.StaticFileSet
9 multiset = true
10 directory = ${repository:gentoo}/sets/
11 world-candidate = True
12
13 It might be useful to have a standard header for each set:
14
15 # Maintainer: foo@×××××××.com
18 Should everyone be free to add sets at will, or should each addition be
19 discussed first, similar to adding new global USE flags?
20
21 Anything else to consider?